Wednesday 11 January 2012

Foiled!

I am so excited about this blog post, as it shows the final outcome of the foiled ranges I have spent months working on.
I have been tirelessly designing and preparing the designs for print, and today the proofs arrived in the post. I enjoyed a little laughter as I opened the parcel, as it is very surreal to finally see all the hard work in print. I was straight on the email to let the printers know how pleased I am and to go ahead with the large print run!

I then had to ensure the envelopes I chose matched the colours of the cards and, hey presto! All the final elements are on order to put together for February. I cannot wait to see the cards on the stand at the trade show, as they are going to sparkle and shine under the spotlights. 

The photographs don't do much to show off the highlights, you'd have to see them first hand, but hopefully you can see some of the twinkles. Just click on the photo to see an enlarged version.




The Milestones range.
Each 145mm square design is printed on to an FSC certified glistening board, embossed and finished with silver foil. They come wrapped in a biodegradable bag with either a pearlescent white, blue or pink envelope. Each card is blank inside.

The investment has been expensive, and with any embossed and foiled design, you have to be sure that each card will see a return on investment and so I now have to see how well they do. I hope they more than cover their own cost and are very popular, but only time will tell.



The Sweet Treats range.
Each 145mm square design is printed on to an FSC certified matt board, embossed and finished with silver foil. They come wrapped in a biodegradable bag with a hot pink envelope. Each card is blank inside.

I already have some pre-orders waiting to be fulfilled which is a great start!

They will also be available to buy from the website in a few weeks time, once the stock is ready, so keep an eye out for those.

If you too would like to stock these designs please do email over your details and I can send you some more information (mail@faysstudio.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment