Thursday 15 August 2013

Henries Finalist 2013!

Lucky me, I returned from a lovely summer break to discover that on Monday 5th August the Henries Finalists were revealed and my 'Sweet Tooth' Valentine's Day range was voted as a finalist along with 5 other publishers in the Best Spring Seasons category. I couldn't believe it!




If you don't know the Henries, these are the prestigious annual awards for the greetings card industry. Henries takes it's name from Sir Henry Cole who introduced the first ever commercially produced Christmas card more than 160 years ago.

Since I began my card company in 2009 I have entered my card ranges into the Henries, it's a must if you are serious about greetings cards and with the categories being judged by a line up of the head buyers from John Lewis, WHSmith, Scribbler, Fenwick, Jarrold, Paperchase, National Trust, Tesco, Asda, Joy, Waterstones, Funky Pigeon (the list goes on), you'd be silly not to.

In fact three years ago, almost to the day, the buyers at Paperchase first contacted me upon discovering my new cards at the day of judging.

So, here I am just a few years on, looking back on all the hard work I have put into new card ranges, and I am over the moon to have been nominated for this award. It's a category with very tough competition from previous winners and other great card companies, but I'm just happy to be in the top six, out of the 230 publishers that sent in ranges this year. It's such an accolade for the business and the products, as the judging is decided on quality of design, quality of print, production and manufacture, appropriateness for the market sector at which it is aimed and value for money.

The black tie event takes place on October 10th in London, so I cannot wait, just need to get a nice frock sorted out now.

Fingers crossed!

Fay x

No comments:

Post a Comment